Alex has experience handling a broad range of legal issues.
Alex Cleeter is an Associate at Gardner Haas PLLC. Alex has experience handling cases involving a broad range of legal issues, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, professional negligence, construction defects, premises liability, condemnation and eminent domain, trust and estates, insurance, and regulatory matters.
Alex has represented clients ranging from individuals and start-ups to some of Texas’s largest and most successful business in trial and appellate matters in state and federal courts. Alex has also represented clients in arbitrations and mediations.
Alex is a two-time graduate of the University of Kansas, completing his B.A. degree in 2011 and earning his J.D. in 2015. While in law school, Alex was runner-up in the 2014 University of Kansas in-house Moot Court competition and represented the University of Kansas nationally in the American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Moot Court competition.
- Defended prominent Dallas family in billion-dollar trust litigation spanning multiple district and probate courts in Texas.
- Represented Texas-based oil servicing company in a successful effort to overturn an OSHA Citation in an appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
- Defended large regional bank in complex multiparty oil and gas fraud litigation that included multiple civil and criminal cases, as well as an FBI investigation.
- Represented joint venture comprised of a group of pediatric surgeons in the enforcement of a commercial lease. Obtained a favorable settlement.
- Defended national real estate investment trust against premises liability litigation that spanned multiple actions in multiple venues in Texas state and federal courts.
- Defended regional roofing company in trial and appellate stages of a class action lawsuit involving novel issues surrounding the Texas Insurance Code.
- Successfully represented multiple Collin County landowners in condemnation challenges before the commissioners’ court, obtaining increased compensation for each landowner.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of client in partnership dispute to recoup millions of dollars in loan proceeds fraudulently obtained by former partners.
- Pursued fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty claims against former investment fund partners in multiparty litigation.
- Successfully represented one of the country’s largest independent life insurance general agencies in multimillion-dollar fraud lawsuit against one of the nation’s largest insurers.
- Prosecuted fraud, malpractice, and breach of contract claims on behalf of project owner against engineering company stemming from a failed New Mexico mining project.
University of Kansas School of Law, 2015
University of Kansas, B.A. Political Science, 2011
Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2018-2021)
State Bar of Texas
- All Texas Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Bar Foundation Fellows