Jeremy Camp is an experienced trial attorney who has represented clients in litigation and arbitration across the country.
Jeremy Camp is an experienced trial attorney who has represented clients in litigation and arbitration across the country. Jeremy’s experience spans a broad range of commercial issues, including shareholder and partnership disputes, intellectual property matters, hotel owner-operator disputes, business torts, and contractual matters. Jeremy has worked on a wide array of high-stakes matters across a number of industries, and has been an integral part of several successful trial teams.
Jeremy was recognized by D Magazine as one of Dallas’ “Best Lawyers Under 40” in 2021. Super Lawyers Magazine also recognized Jeremy as a Texas Lawyer “Rising Star” in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Texas each year.
Jeremy received his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. While in law school, he was selected as a member of the Order of the Coif and the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Organization. In addition, Jeremy was a member of the SMU Law Review Association and served as an Articles Editor for the SMU Law Review and the Journal of Air Law & Commerce. Jeremy also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from The University of Texas, where he was a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity and the Silver Spurs organization.
Representative Clients and Cases
- Defended seller of pharmaceutical business against lawsuit by purchaser seeking damages in excess of $200 million based on claims of fraud and breach of acquisition agreement. Following bench trial, obtained judgment dismissing all of purchaser’s claims.
- Represented acquirer of publicly-traded company in shareholder litigation and statutory appraisal action relating to client’s acquisition of biometrics company valued at more than $900 million.
- Prosecuted claims against acquirer of client’s oil and gas wastewater disposal company for breach of an asset purchase agreement and oral finder’s fee agreement.
- Represented investor in real estate investment trust (REIT) in pursuing claims for securities fraud.
- Defended insurance general agency against claims for more than $30 million in damages relating to a charitable life insurance program. Obtained summary judgment dismissing all claims against client, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented insurance agency seeking reimbursement of tens of millions of dollars in workers’ compensation claims payments advanced on behalf of the insurer.
- Represented company in prosecuting claims for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty arising out of non-payment of loans owed by former partners and executives of the business.
- Represented owner of luxury hotel in dispute with former hotel operator relating to mismanagement of the hotel and owner’s termination of management agreement with operator.
- Represented managing member of venture to develop and operate luxury hotel and residential condominium project in dispute with co-venturer over the development and future operation of the project.
- Represented owner and operator of hotel properties in an action against the federal government concerning the procurement of off-base lodging services for the U.S. Air Force.
- Represented commercial real estate company in disputes involving the shopping centers owned and operated by the company. Obtained multiple judgments awarding the client hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.
- Represented prospective developer of mineral processing plant in pursuing claims against consulting firm responsible for coordinating engineering work related to the anticipated construction of the plant.
- Represented owner of heavy-duty environmental remediation equipment in prosecuting claims for damages against entities alleged to have wrongfully converted the equipment.
- Defended outdoor apparel provider against claim by its former third-party logistics provider relating to the termination of the parties’ business relationship.
- Represented client in prosecuting claims against its former law firm for breaches of fiduciary and contractual duties.
- Represented former minority owner of closely-held business in prosecuting claims against the company and his partners arising from his ouster from the business.
J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
B.S., The University of Texas at Austin
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Selected by D Magazine as a “Best Lawyer Under 40” in 2021.
Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.